Rhonda Perciavalle Patrick has a Ph.D. in biomedical science from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis TN, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN. She also has a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry/chemistry from the University of California, San Diego. She has done extensive research on aging, cancer, and nutrition.
Dr. Patrick is dedicated to the pursuit of longevity and optimal health and shares the latest research on nutrition, aging, and disease prevention with her audience. She has a gift for translating scientific topics into understandable takeaways for all levels of education and interest.
- Joe Rogan and Dr. Rhonda Patrick discuss the carnivore diet's effects on auto-immune issues and calorie control through high-protein intake.
- They cover Dr. Patrick's research on micronutrient deficiencies, metabolism, inflammation, DNA damage, aging, and supplement use.
- The conversation also explores the carnivore diet's impact on the microbiome and Dr. Patrick's initial skepticism and later acknowledgment of benefits for auto-immune symptoms.
She investigated the effects of micronutrient (vitamins and minerals) inadequacies on metabolism, inflammation, DNA damage, and aging and whether supplementation can reverse the damage.
Dr. Patrick’s goal is to challenge the status quo and encourage the wider public to think about health and longevity using a proactive, preventative approach.
In this podcast, she discussed her research about the carnivore diet. She also shared how she initially dismissed this idea and how she embraced it in the long run.
At first, people with auto-immune problems were the first participants of the diet.
After they tried this diet, it improved their auto-immune symptoms. She also found out that getting into a high-protein diet generally helps people eat less, leading to a natural suppression of their calorie intake. She also explained how this type of diet could affect the microbiome in our body.
- A Summary of Jordan Peterson's Journey on the Carnivore Diet
- Joe Rogan - Jordan Peterson's Carnivore Diet Cured His Depression?
- Dr. Berg and Frank Tufano About Carnivore Diet
Lastly, she discussed the benefits of exposing the body to hormetic stressors, such as through diet and fasting, could potentially help the body in the long run.