Pellet grills are some of the most popular outdoor cookers on the market; however, many established brands are manufacturing their products overseas.
So which brands have remained in the United States of America? Let’s see what our experts say!
- While generally more expensive than their overseas alternatives, American-made pellet grills are often of better quality.
- The various brands of pellet grills vary in price and characteristics. Therefore, while the following brands are all of excellent quality, consumers should take time to find the brand of pellet grill that serves their needs best.
- There are important considerations for purchasing and supporting pellet grills (and other products) manufactured in the United States of America.
What Pellet Grills are Made in the USA?
Started in the 1960s by the Ellis family in Ponca City, Oklahoma, Cookshack remains a family business specializing in commercial electric smokers .
However, as the market for more advanced forms of barbequing on a residential level, Cookshack partnered with Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grills and Smokers to produce smaller outdoor grills for home use.
Reasons to purchase a Cookshack pellet grill include:
- The manufacturing of pellet grills with high-quality stainless steel,
- The versatility of their pellet grills which allow for cold smoking, flame broiling, and indirect cooking), and
- The inclusion of a two-year warranty on all their products.
We Recommend Cookshack PG500 and PG1000 Pellet Grills
For visualization of their residential pellet grills, the PG500, and the larger PG1000, the following link provides access to the Cookshack Inc’s YouTube video on “Cookshack Residential Pellet Grills”:
2. Yoder Smokers
Started in 2007 by the president and owner Don Cary in Kansas, Yoder Smokers has established itself as a recognized American brand for outdoor grills .
While primarily involved in the manufacture of commercial grills, Yoder Smoker has seen great success in the residential market, as illustrated with their best seller: the YS640 Pellet Grill.
Reasons to purchase a Yoder Smoker pellet grill include:
- High-quality 10-gauge steel as a primary material,
- The installation of digital temperature controllers, and
- The ease of portability and usability for their smaller range of products, such as the YS640 mentioned above.
We Recommend Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill
The following link provides a review of the YS640 Pellet Grill on the “Pig & Beef” YouTube channel:
3. MAK Grills
Unlike some other entries on this list, MAK Grills from Dallas, Orgon specializes in premium wood pellet grills.
MAK Grills focus on durability above all else; this is evident in one of their best-selling products: MAK Grills 2 Star General Pellet Grill .
This, coupled with its Pellet Boss digital controller, shows the desire to blend “old-school” craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology to create a top-of-the-range product, unlike any competitors.
Reasons to purchase a MAK Grills’ pellet grill include:
- Made with the highest grade of steel that being 304-grade stainless steel, resulting in unrivaled durability,
- A lifetime warranty on their products, and
- Various quality of life inclusions include automated pellet hoppers and remote temperature controls.
We Recommend MAK Grills Pellet Grill
The link below is a summary of the MAK Grills 1 Star General Pellet Grill on the “Barbecue” YouTube channel:
4. Twin Eagles
Like MAK Grills, Twin Eagles from California, USA, focuses on producing premium pellet grills, focusing on technology.
Features of Twin Eagles’ pellet grills include touch screen control interfaces; Wi-Fi enabled accessibility, internal halogen lights, and the SmokePlus™ feature to infuse natural smoky flavor to dishes.
Reasons to purchase a Twin Eagles’ pellet grill include:
Wi-Fi enabled access allows for both remote access and recipes or cooking methods at a tap of a button with the touch screen interface,
- SmokePlus™ provides for superior control over the level of smokiness to be included in the cooking process,
- Halogen lights allow for ease of nighttime cooking, and
- Immense durability, as the grills are made with 304-grade stainless steel.
We Recommend Twin Eagles Pellet Grill
The link below is a summary of the Twin Eagles Pellet Grill on the “BBQGaloreUSA” YouTube channel:
5. Blaze’n Grill Works
Finalizing the list is Blaze’n Grill Works from Beatrice, Nebraska. Started by owner Mark Setzer, his previous involvement in metal fabrication has made the quality of the steel used in Blaze’n
Grill Works’ pellet grills a key component .
Reasons to purchase a Blaze’n Grill Works’ pellet grill include:
1. ) High quality 12 gauge steel is used in the manufacture of their grills and accessories,
2.) Designed for competitive competition, Blaze’n Grill Works places a focus on large scale food preparation and durability,
3.) Accessibility, with easy-to-use and clean components.
We Recommend Blaze’n Grill Works Wood Pellet Grills
The following link provides an overview of Blaze’n Grill Works’ Wood Pellet Grills on their official YouTube channel:
Why Buy Pellet Grills Manufactured in the USA?
Over and above the quality of pellet grills manufacturing in the United States of America (as highlighted above), there exist several socio-economic reasons to support manufacturing in the United States :
- Provides a boost to the American economy - the boost to the American economy is pretty self-explanatory, as the manufacturing of pellet grills requires the harvesting, refining, and construction of raw materials into finished products. This increased job creation and stability results in increased money circulation on a domestic scale, resulting in increased tax revenue.
- Improves long-term business investments - understandably the long-term investment in American manufacturing is on consumers to retain its longevity.
- Lowers trade and budget deficits - the production of manufacturing goods in America results in domestic consumption, which provides more export opportunities while decreasing import budget deficits. This is important considering both Pit Boss and Traeger regarding pellet grills, as major brands are now imported from China to the United States of America.
- Decreases transportation costs and increases sustainability - concerning the environment, domestic manufacturing is considered more eco-friendly, as it requires less international travel, and the manufacturing process is subject to domestic environmental legislation.
- Adheres to domestic environmental regulations - this legislation is generally stricter and easier to enforce domestically than products made in countries with large manufacturing industries.
- Adheres to safer labor laws - further to environmental legislation is American labor law which governs the conditions of all employees along the manufacturing chain. This ensures fair pay, workers’ rights and stops unsavory labor practices such as child labor.
- Adheres to legislated quality standards - finally, while the competition of the grill market results in improved quality, there are third parties who ensure a level of quality control and the enforcement of consumer protection, such as implied warranties at the time of purchase.
Our Final Thoughts
While imported pellet grills may be cheaper and associated with large brands, American manufactured grills tend to be of easy-to-use better quality and promote holistic economic growth and suitability.