Pеllеt grills arе somе of thе most popular outdoor cookеrs on thе markеt.
Howеvеr, many еstablishеd brands arе manufacturing thеir products ovеrsеas.
Rеcognizing thе importancе of supporting local manufacturing and еnsuring thе highеst quality for grill еnthusiasts, I undеrtook an еxhaustivе rеsеarch journеy.
This involvеd scouring rеputablе onlinе rеsourcеs, consulting with industry еxpеrts, and dеdicating countlеss hours to idеntify pеllеt grills proudly madе in thе USA.
With yеars of еxpеriеncе in thе grilling industry and a commitmеnt to providing valuablе insights, I'm еxcitеd to prеsеnt you with thе top picks for 2023.
- American-made pellet grills include Cookshack, Yoder Smokers, MAK Grills, Twin Eagles, and Blaze'n Grill Works.
- These brands offer unique features such as high-quality steel construction, digital temperature controllers, and advanced technology like Wi-Fi-enabled access.
- Supporting American-made pellet grills promotes economic growth, sustainability, and adherence to strict environmental and labor laws.
Pellet Grills Made in the USA
With the absence of prominent brands such as Pit Boss and Traeger, consumers have upheld specific brands as heavy-duty pellet grills made in the USA.
Here are the five pellet grills made in the USA.
Started in the 1960s by the Ellis family in Ponca City, Oklahoma, Cookshack remains a family business specializing in commercial electric smokers.
However, the market for more advanced forms of barbequing on a residential level rose.
As a result, Cookshack partnered with Fast Eddy’s Pellet Grill and Pellet Smokers to produce smaller outdoor grills for home use.
Reasons to purchase a Cookshack grill include:
- The pellet grill is manufactured with high-quality stainless steel.
- The versatility of their grill allows for cold smoking, flame broiling, and indirect cooking).
- The inclusion of a two-year warranty on all their products.
For Cookshack grills, I recommend PG500 and PG1000 Pellet grills.
2. Yoder Smokers
Started in 2007 by the president and owner Don Cary in Kansas, Yoder Smokers has established itself as a recognized American brand for traditional-style pellet grills .
While primarily involved in the manufacture of commercial grills, Yoder Smoker has seen great success in the residential market, as illustrated by their best seller, the YS640 Pellet Grill.
Reasons to purchase Yoder Smoker grills include:
- High-quality 10-gauge steel is used as a primary material for various components like the cooking chamber.
- The installation of digital temperature controllers.
- The ease of portability and usability for their smaller range of products, such as the YS640 mentioned above.
I recommend Yoder YS640 Pellet Grill.
3. MAK Grills
Unlike some other pellet grill companies on this list, this manufacturer specializes in premium wood pellet grills from Dallas, Oregon.
This wood pellet grill brand focuses on durability above all else; this is evident in one of their best-selling products: 2 Star General Pellet Grill .
Coupled with its Pellet Boss digital controller, it shows the desire to blend “old-school” craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology to create a top-of-the-range product, unlike many competitors.
Reasons to purchase MAK Grills’ grills include:
- Made with the highest grade of steel that is 304-grade stainless steel, resulting in unrivaled durability,
- A lifetime warranty on their products, and
- Various quality-of-life inclusions include automated pellet hoppers and remote temperature controls.
I recommend MAK Grills pellet grill.
4. Twin Eagles Pellet Grill
Twin Eagles from California focuses on producing premium pellet grills made in the USA, focusing on technology.
This product features a touchscreen control interface, Wi-Fi-enabled accessibility, internal halogen lights, and the SmokePlus™. It infuses a natural smoky flavor into dishes.
Reasons to purchase a Twin Eagles grill include:
Wi-Fi-enabled access allows for both remote access and recipes or cooking methods at the tap of a button with the touchscreen interface,
- SmokePlus™ provides superior control over the level of smokiness to be included in the cooking process,
- Halogen lights allow for ease of nighttime cooking and
- Immense durability, as the grills are made with 304-grade stainless steel.
I recommend Twin Eagles, Pellet Grills.
5. Blaze’n Grill Works
Finalizing the list is Blaz’n Grill Works from Beatrice, Nebraska. Started by owner Mark Setzer, his previous involvement in metal fabrication has made the quality of the steel used in the pellet grill an essential component .
Reasons to purchase Blaz’n Grill Works’ pellet grills include:
- High-quality 12 gauge steel is used in the manufacture of their grills and accessories,
- Designed for competitive competition, this company places a focus on large-scale food preparation and durability,
- Accessibility, with easy-to-use and clean components, such as the cooking chamber.
WHY BUY PELLET GRILLS MANUFACTURED IN THE USA?
Buying pellet grills manufactured in the USA supports domestic industries, ensures quality craftsmanship, and promotes local jobs.
Over and above the quality of pellet grill manufacturing in the United States of America (as highlighted above), there exist several socio-economic reasons to support pellet grill companies in the United States :
Provides a Boost to the American Economy
The increase in the American economy is pretty self-explanatory.
Pellet grill manufacturers require the harvesting, refining, and construction of raw materials into finished products.
This increased job creation and stability results in increased money circulation on a domestic scale, resulting in increased tax revenue from pellet grill brands made in the USA.
Improves Long-term Business Investments
Understandably, the long-term investment in American manufacturing is on consumers to retain its longevity.
Lowers Trade and Budget Deficits
The production of manufacturing goods in America results in domestic consumption. Therefore, it provides more export opportunities while decreasing import budget deficits.
This is important, considering both Pit Boss and Traeger pellet grills are now imported from China to the United States of America.
Decreases Transportation Costs and Increases Sustainability
Concerning the environment, domestic manufacturing is considered more eco-friendly. It requires less international travel, and the manufacturing process is subject to domestic environmental legislation.
Adheres to Domestic Environmental Regulations
This legislation is generally stricter and easier to enforce domestically than products made in countries with large manufacturing industries.
Adheres to Safer Labor Laws
Further to environmental legislation is American labor law,, which governs the conditions of all employees along the manufacturing chain.
It ensures fair pay and workers’ rights and stops unsavory labor practices such as child labor. It means all grills made in the USA are ethical.
Are Traeger Grills available in the USA?
Traeger Grills are readily available in the USA. They can be found at various retailers, both in-store and online, making them easily accessible to customers across the United States.
Where Can I Buy Charcoal Grills in the USA?
You can buy charcoal grills in the USA from various sources, including home improvement stores, outdoor equipment retailers, online marketplaces like Amazon and Walmart, and specialized barbecue stores.
Who is the Top USA Pellet Grill Manufacturer
The top USA pellet grill manufacturer is Traeger Grills. They are renowned for their innovative wood pellets grill, known for their versatility and consistent performance. Traeger has been a leader in the industry, offering a wide range of pellet grills that provide a unique wood-fired flavor to your cooking.